Sunday, June 28, 2009

I want a do over

OK, to say that this past week was bad would be a slight understatement.

In the past 5 days I had a sick child, missed two days of work, my laptop screen died, my period was late (due to stress Mom), I have spent the entire weekend planted on my couch studying, except for the 30 minutes I spent vomiting on Saturday (seems we've passed a virus through the house) and the few hours that I actually went to bed and slept, an old high school friend that found me through FB has a soon to be ex wife who is convinced we were having an affair (they live in Hawaii....I'd have to be pretty desparate) and now says she might sue me for interferring with a marriage. Ok, so that brief moment actually made me laugh. LOL I haven't seen this guy in 20 years and it seems in 8 emails we are suddenly having a hot, torrid affair. Oh the joys of insecurities. Hers, not mine!

So, that was pretty much my week in a nut shell and I'd really like a do over!! I'm tired, I'm stressed and I have some overachiever issues about passing this class. Super nice guy is out of town for the next 4 weeks which is good in some ways but definitely puts a damper on things. Singleness seems to be my destiny. Or perhaps there is some hunky fireman dying to raise someone elses four children just waiting on me to finish nursing school. A girl can dream, can't she? Sheesh

I've promised my kids to shut off this computer and watch a movie tonight and that is what I'm going to do. No more studying, no more blogging.....I just hope I don't fall asleep on them. Here's to a fabulous week!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cheers to ya! I hope it all works out for you...and you get some restand 'me time!' Take care.

wife.mom.nurse said...

oh my goodness. Crazy stuff. I am so sorry about the virus...hate that!
Hope everyone feels better.

Ok, are you telling me you have NOT been sneaking off to Hawaii?! LOL!

Good luck with the class!

~Julie

zelzee said...

It could have been worse........you could have been sick and super nice guy was in town, and you couldn't see him.

So funny about the wife. Some women are insecure and possessive. She calls jealousy Love? I think not!

Candice said...

You need a nice stout libation. That's what you need.

And possibly a fireman.

Yeah, that sounds nice, right?

Great blog. :)