Monday, June 22, 2009

Padraigisms

My conversation with Paddy on the way home today:

Padraig: Why didn't you pick me up on the bike today?

Me: Because it was 105 degrees outside.

Padraig: Oh, I wanna go to Starbucks.

Me: No, its too hot outside, we need to go home.

Padraig: Its not hot at Starbucks.




I have been going out with a super nice guy for a few months now. He has never been married and has no children of his own and he hasn't met my children yet. He travels quite a bit with his job and he is currently out of the country. Well last night we were on a video call and Paddy came in and started talking to him. (What a non threatening way to meet the kids. LOL) In the progression of this extremely entertaining conversation super nice guy says to Paddy, "Hey man, have you had a bath?" and Paddy nonchalantly responds, "No, its not Wednesday."



And one of my favorite Paraigisms: We were snuggling on the couch one day and he leans his head on my shoulder and looks up into my eyes and says, "You're a good woman, Mom. And you can cook."

Happy Monday.

8 comments:

wife.mom.nurse said...

What a cute post.
Sounds like a fun kiddo.

Thanks for taking time to say hello on my blog.

I wish you the best as you finish up nursing school and enter into the profession of nursing.

It is so disappointing to hear of your negative experiences with nurses...however, I totally believe it...nurses, forever eating their young!!!Crazy stuff. Sad. Discouraging.

But, I am so glad that you have a heart to serve people through nursing. It is a privilege, beyond privilege.

I look forward to following your journey. I hope you don't mind that I am putting you on my nurse side bar. Let me know if you would prefer it i didn't.

Take care, try to stay cool! Do you have airconditioning?

Anonymous said...

I love how you create a mini-moment that has a huge effect. Your kids sound like mine--exasperatingly awesome!

Bretthead said...

Cool. I look forward to making all kinds of obnoxious nurse jokes over here. Love the kid comments - they are non stop blog fodder, right?

Unknown said...

LOL. That's awesome. You have a comedian for a son, I see. ;)

Grand Pooba said...

Well, you should know that a frappacino is the best thing to remedy a hot day :)

I love that he said "woman"! How cute is that!

dadshouse said...

Gotta love Starbucks AC. And a parent who can cook!

zelzee said...

Can you imagine what Paddy will come up with when he meets him in person??

Be prepared with that one...........

Coupon Magnet said...

Hi! I came across your blog on SITS. I love the Paraigisms! Kids say the funniest things. I love hearing what goes on in my kids' minds! :)
I'm now following and will check in. Check out my blog any time! :)
Christy